- EWF provides training guidelines that cover all professional levels in welding technology and related areas, such as Thermal Spraying, Adhesive Bonding, Plastics Welding and Underwater Welding.
- The EWF system is recognized worldwide and an agreement was established with IIW (International Institute of Welding) for the development of an international system based on the EWF Education, Training and Qualification Guidelines and Rules.
- Supports companies seeking to achieve compliance with ISO 14731 (Welding Coordination) as example.
- EWF "Special Courses" are shorter and very specific for a certain welding area to address the actual industry needs. (No EWF qualification diploma is awarded, but a record of achievement is issued.)
- These qualifications ensure that trainees will achieve, at the proper level, the relevant knowledge to perform welding coordination activities, recognised by other international organisations like CEN, ISO, CEOC-CABF, and EA.
- Some Qualification levels are referred in EN ISO 14731.
- For personnel who does not have knowledge in welding inspection these qualifications are the efficient way to achieve them.
- These qualifications have quite a comprehensive training covering welding technology, welding inspection and practical training is one of the key aspects.
- Processes: MMA; TIG; MIG/MAG-FCAW; OFW.
- Materials: mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- If you want to have comprehensive skills as welder and not only to be approved in a welder approval test this is the qualification you shall be engaged in.
- Adhesives bonding is a new technology that is growing quite fast. Its implementation can only be successful if the personnel has the relevant knowledge and expertise.
Welding Resistance Processes
- Resistance Welding is an important welding process to join thin materials. It requires very specific knowledge to ensure the proper implementation and efficiency of the process.
Laser Processing (Cutting/Welding/Surface Treatments)
- It is one of the most advanced technologies used by industry, due to that the personnel that is responsible for its implementation must have the relevant knowledge and skills to achieve the optimum quality and economical level for the application.
Mechanised Welding / Orbital Welding / Robot Welding
- The welding applications using mechanisation or any kind of automation require from the personnel a level of understanding of all factors involved in the use of mechanised, orbital and robot welding applications with the aim to achieve the proper level of economic and quality efficiency.
- Thermal Spraying being quite a specific manufacturing process requires personnel to have a comprehensive knowledge on how to apply it.
- Welding in the railway field requires that welders have specific skills to obtain sound welds either in new construction or in restoration of rails.
- EWF Special Courses have the goal to support industry with very specific courses that address special applications and/or activities.
- These are not qualification programmes, therefore there are no specific access conditions.
Training and Qualification System for Welding Coordinators, Welding Inspectors and Welders
Why is it important to qualify welding personnel using the EWF Education, Training and Qualification System?
- EWF qualification system ensures that the transfer of knowledge process is developed in a harmonized way, by every authorized Organizations worldwide.
- This Qualification System provides a way to recognize technical knowledge for Welding Personnel as well as for related technologies.
- This Qualification System addresses the specific industry needs and involves trainers from industry and case studies based on real industrial issues.
- It is recognized as a best practice at European Level and is mentioned in several European documents, e.g. International Qualifications, Cedefop, ISO and CEN Standards, EA - European Co-operation for Accreditation, CEOC-CABF - International Confederation of Inspection and Certification Organisations-Conformity Assessment Bodies Forum
- It increases national and international business potential of companies through demonstrated compliance with the welding quality requirements of a wide range of product standards and construction codes.